Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Nostalgic Book Boyfriends

Top 5 Wednesday is a Goodreads group hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. Bloggers, booktubers and bookstagrammers post on a common topic every (you guessed it) Wednesday. You can find the lists by searching #T5W or Top 5 Wednesday. And you can join the group on Goodreads if you want to participate.  


This Week's Topic is:
 Nostalgic Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends

This is an odd topic for me because I didn't read for fun much as a teen and calling books I read at 30 "nostalgic" makes me feel really old. So I'm thinking about the way things used to be in some of my favorite series. Here are some of my favorite book boyfriends that didn't wind up with the heroine. Possible spoilers ahead.

140079
5. Quinn in Definitely Dead and All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
I loved Sookie with Quinn! It probably helped that the series was also at its best around that time. I didn't love things ended for him in the series though.

30274
4. Richard in Circus of the Damned by Laurel K Hamilton
I'm including him not so much out of nostalgia for Richard himself, but for the early days of the series when Anita Blake was with him. The later books just have a completely different feel.

5604848
3. Vlad in Destined For an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Maybe I'm pushing it a little bit by calling Vlad a book boyfriend in the Night Huntress series since he was pretty much friend zoned the whole time. I just liked Vlad so much better before he had his own series. I thought that version of him was such a great potential book boyfriend.

140077
2. Eric Northman in Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
Amnesia Eric is super swoony!

9815702
1. Jonah in Drink Deep by Chloe Neill
I've been Team Jonah pretty much ever since I read this book. But he was doomed to be Merit's rebound guy. I hope that Neill gives him his own HEA some day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...