Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Fandoms We Are No Longer In

Top 5 Wednesday is a group of bloggers, booktubers and bookstagrammers posting on a common topic every (you guessed it) Wednesday. You can find the lists by searching #T5W or Top 5 Wednesday. And you can join the group on Goodreads if you want to participate.


This week's topic is:
Fandoms You Are No Longer In 

42899

5. Black Dagger Brotherhood
Years ago I binged the BDB series and I loved it. But I got behind and just wasn't interested in picking it back up. The original story arc wrapped up and it seems to have gotten too complicated. I thought I might like the spin off series, but it's tying back in to the original cast and since I haven't kept up I'm afraid I'd be lost. That's the wrong way to do a spinoff IMO. -Gretl


4. The Shadow World by Dianne Sylvan
This is one of those series that I loved (and still love) the first book but everything went downhill from there. I liked the second book but something happened in it that pissed me off enough that I was ready to give up on the series. I decided to try the third book but I had the same experience as I did with book two. Maybe I'll finish the series some day but for now I'm just going to pretend Queen of Shadows is a standalone. - Rose Red


3. The Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas
I know that so many people love this series but it's just not for me any more. I enjoyed the first book but I hated the second one. I gave up the series because of it and after seeing spoilers for later books I haven't regretted it at all. - Rose Red



2. The Study Series by Maria V. Snyder
Back in 2014, I did a Read This F@!%ing Book post on Maria V. Snyder's Study trilogy. Since then the author announced and wrote three more books in the series for a total of six books. I was so excited for the new books because at the time all I wanted was more Valek and Yelena in my life. Then the first new book came out and I did not like it. It kind of read like bad fanfiction to me. But I hoped it was a fluke and decided to try the next one. I noped out not even fifty pages in. Like with the Shadow World books, I'm just going to pretend that the original trilogy was all that was written. - Rose Red

The Vampire Diaries Poster

1. The Vampire Diaries
I started TVD after the first three seasons had already aired. I binged those on Netflix and was loving the show. (I have that a thing for spooky small towns you know.) But I quit watching about halfway through the second to last season. They left the town, lost the main character, and it's just not the same. Don't even get me started on that time jump! I used to want to read the books to compare and contrast - I know they're very different from the show. But now I'm just over the whole thing. -Gretl

Arrow Poster

(Dis?)honorable Mention: 
I'm thinking about quitting Arrow. 
I deleted the second half of the current season from my DVR without watching it. I'm just not enjoying it. It's dark and depressing and yuck. I think I've only been watching for the last year because I wanted to keep up with the plot in case of crossovers. -Gretl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...