Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite SFF Books

Top 5 Wednesday is a group of bloggers, booktubers and bookstagrammers posting on a common topic every (you guessed it) Wednesday. You can find the lists by searching #T5W or Top 5 Wednesday. And you can join the group on Goodreads if you want to participate.


This week's topic, in collaboration with the BooktubeSFF Awards, is All-Time Favorite Science Fiction & Fantasy Books.

You might notice a lack of "classics" on my list of all-time favorites. I didn't grow up reading fantasy. (I had a bad childhood experience with the animated Hobbit.) Most of my reading in the genre has been since 2010 so my list reflects that.

5. Pale Demon by Kim Harrison
Probably my single most reread book. I think it's 8 times maybe? I've lost count.
8138071
4. Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells
I loved this book so much I finished reading and immediately started it over again.
3. Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh
This one was a turning point in the series and just blew my mind when I read it.
15781026
2. The Kraken King by Meljean Brook
Epic steampunk romance with airships and sea vessels and epicness!
1. Burn For Me by Ilona Andrews
I just love this book beyond all reason. You can read my review here.
20705702


My experience seems to be the total opposite of Gretl's. I grew up reading nothing but fantasy. And I haven't really stopped since but I've added more and more sci-fi to my reading. So my list is going to be a mix of old and new titles.

5. A Matter of Magic by Patricia C. Wrede

4. The Mistborn Series by Brandon Sanderson
3. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater

2. The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
1. The Shades of Magic Series by V.E. Schwab


Honorable Mentions:
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede
The Martian by Andy Weir
The Gentleman Bastards Series by Scott Lynch
Tales of the Ketty Jay by Chris Wooding
Six of Crows Duology by Leigh Bardugo


I had a terrible time narrowing this down to just five. Fantasy and science fiction have been my absolute fave genres for several years now. So, I decided to stick to YA for my list. 
Here's my Top 5 Favorite YA Fantasy and Sci-fi Books:






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...