Monday, March 27, 2017

Review: The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett


The Anatomical Shape of a Heart
Jenn Bennett
Release: November 3, 2015
Goodreads Amazon
Beatrix Adams knows exactly how she’s spending the summer before her senior year. Determined to follow in Da Vinci’s footsteps, she’s ready to tackle the one thing that will give her an advantage in a museum-sponsored scholarship contest: drawing actual cadavers. But when she tries to sneak her way into the hospital’s Willed Body program and misses the last metro train home, she meets a boy who turns her summer plans upside down.

Jack is charming, wildly attractive, and possibly one of San Francisco’s most notorious graffiti artists. On midnight buses and city rooftops, Beatrix begins to see who Jack really is—and tries to uncover what he’s hiding that leaves him so wounded. But will these secrets come back to haunt him? Or will the skeletons in her family’s closet tear them apart?

Review:
Okay. I'm going to try to keep this review short because if I don't I’m going to get all gushy and ramble on and on about how much I adored it! I struggle with reading YA books especially with most of the romances but The Anatomical Shape of a Heart is one of my absolute favorite YA contemporaries. Ever.

I was a little nervous going into this book because I’m not a big fan of contemporary books whether they’re adult or YA. But I absolutely adore Jenn Bennett’s adult paranormal and urban fantasy series so I decided to give her YA debut a shot. And I’ll admit that the premise fascinated me! I’ve never read a book that’s a romance between an aspiring anatomy artist and a notorious graffiti artist. Heck! I don’t think I’ve even heard of a book with an anatomy artist in it.

From the very second the two main characters met, I was hooked. I wanted more of them… more of their banter and more of them falling for each other. Seriously! I loved them! Bex is probably among my most favorite female characters I’ve read in contemporary fiction. She’s delightfully quirky and I loved her wit and humor! I would want her as my best friend in real life.

And Jack! Oh, Jack! I adored him! Life has dealt him kind of a terrible hand but he’s not going to let that get in the way of him finding happiness. And he works so hard for that happiness, guys! So when Bex walks in to his life, he wants to hold on tight with both hands and never let her go. I absolutely adored the way he pursued her. They are seriously cute together! Like seriously, their dialogue is the best and their romance made me grin like a fool!

Hey Bex?” Jack said as he grated. “Just so we’re clear, if we were alone, I’d probably kiss you right now.”

I gave him a swift glance as the hallway laughter made its way back to the kitchen. “Just so we’re clear, I’d probably let you.”

You guys! THIS BOOK! I can’t even begin to tell you how much I loved seeing these two fall more and more for each other. Also, this book was very sex positive and I think we need more of that in books in general but we especially need it in YA. If you’re looking for an amazing YA romance that is realistically written and adorable, you need to check this book out! You won’t be disappointed, I promise!

    
  5 / 5 Stars!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...