Thursday, December 29, 2016

Top 10 of 2016: Best Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends of 2016

For week two of our Ten Days of Top Tens, we're participating in Top Ten of 2016 hosted by Fiktshun, Two Chicks on Books, Tales of a Ravenous Reader, and Dark Faerie Tales.

Today's topic is Best Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends of 2016. We decided to do a little bit of both, so here are our fave five BFs and five BFFs of the year.

Best Boyfriends

28953491

Occam in Curse on the Land (Soulwood #2) by Faith Hunter

The heroine in this series, Nell, is very sheltered and socially awkward. She has no idea why she's even want a boyfriend, but she trusts Occam and I loved seeing them bond in this second book. I think in his mind, they're a couple but he's waiting patiently for her to figure it out. 


Adam in Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson #9) by Patricia Briggs

I don't think there will ever come a time where I am not in love with Adam Hauptman from the Mercy Thompson books. He's a bit old school and a werewolf but I adore him. He doesn't hesitate in taking care of Mercy and his pack and I love that! If that wasn't enough, there's a certain scene in this last book that just sealed the deal even further for me. If you read the book, you totally know what I'm talking about.


Raphael in Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter #9) by Nalini Singh

It's not a secret that I didn't like Raphael at first but I've come to adore him over the course of the series. He's still the scary archangel we meet in Angels' Blood but he's been tempered a bit by his love for Elena. I just love how he has evolved as a character. He's loyal to his people and doesn't care that everyone know just how much he loves Elena. And he'll mess you up if you try to touch what is his. I love almost all of the male leads in this series but Raphael wins first place hands down. I can't wait to see how he steals my heart next.

 

Carswell Thorne in Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles #4.5) by Marissa Meyer

Oh Captain! My Captain! Thorne is my favorite male lead from the whole Lunar Chronicles series! How could I not love him when he was modeled after my love, Captain Mal Reynolds? I could read about all the trouble this man gets into for forever!


Roth in Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I LOVED Roth from Armentout's Dark Elements series. He was so deliciously wicked but so likable!  The back and forth for Leila between him and Zayne was so painful for me throughout that trilogy, but I always stayed true to my man, Roth! Those bad boys get me...Every. Single. Time. 


Best BFFs

 

Sophie from Managed (VIP #2) by Kristen Callihan

I fell in love with Sophie from page one of this book. She's bubbly, chatty and smart as a whip. And she is so witty! I finished this book totally in love with Gabriel and wanting Sophie to be real so we could be best friends. Think of all the shenanigans we could get into together!

 

 Ella Malikov from Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Ella was my favorite part of reading Gemina! She's kind of foul-mouthed and grumpy but I loved her! She is sassy and loyal and I know that she'll try her best to keep my goldfish alive. Who wouldn't want to be best friends with her? Actually, I want to be best friends with all the women leads in this book. Kady and Hanna are both BAMFs like Ella. Think of all the trouble we could get into!


 

Evie from Day Zero (The Arcana Chronicles #3.5) by Kresley Cole

Evie is a complicated girl. I almost picked Selena because she has definitely grown on me during the series. But, I went with Evie. I think her character has grown a bunch during the first three books and I would certainly want those poison princess powers on MY side during the post-apocalypse world...or, you know...ANYTIME BECAUSE THEY'RE AWESOME. 


 

Manon from Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) by Sarah J. Maas

Okay. Manon may not seem all warm and cheery and the ideal BFF. But, in a pickle, she's the chick you want to have by your side. Manon is nothing if not fiercely loyal. If she's decided you're worth her time and she likes you she will fight to the death for you. That's a BFF I'd like to have. Plus, I'd get to ride a dragon.



Cress from Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles #4.5) by Marissa Meyer

I just love Cress. I think she'd be the ideal girl friend to lounge around on the couch and eat Twizzlers with while binge watching girly shows on Netflix and talking about what a pain in the butt Thorne is. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...