Goldilox and I have been sharing our unboxings and reviews of a handful of bookish subscription boxes in the recent weeks. (We are purchasing all subscription boxes ourselves and are in no way sponsored by any of these services)
Today, I am unboxing and reviewing:
The October Fairy Loot Box!
I'm a big fan of Steampunk so I was really excited about this Steampunk Rebellion box. And overall I was pretty happy with it. Here's what's inside:
• This is the first time I've guessed the book correctly. It's METALTOWN by Kristen Simmons. I'm really looking forward to reading it! I've heard good things. It came with a signed bookplate and a button. I also really like the drawstring pouch the book came in. This is a new feature since I last ordered from Fairy Loot. It keeps all the swag with the book and protects it during shipping.
• It also has an item I haven't seen in any box before, a tea towel by Read at Midnight. It features a quote from The Infernal Devices: "One must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us."
• The Elias lip balm by Behind the Pages is gold and glittery and smells like cookies. I didn't actually know what book Elias was from until I saw it on someone's Instagram though.
• The Divergent candle from Meraki Candles came in 6 scents, one for each faction. I got Divergent which smells of woods and amber. I haven't even lit the candle, but I'm loving the fragrance. It's also appeared in a few bookstagram pics this week.
• The Infernal Devices bookmark from Happy Hello came in 2 versions. Mine is Jem. I love these bookmarks - I have a few others in my V.E. Schwab swag collection.
• Finally, there's clock washi tape. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this yet, but it's pretty.