Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (75)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. So here's this week's WOW pick:


I have always had a soft spot for historical fiction in Regency England since I spent a summer reading all the Georgette Heyer books I could get my hands on. Add in an unconventional heroine in London for the season and a gentleman spy, and I'm sold! I'm really excited to read this debut book by Cindy Anstey! It sounds awesome! Also, it looks to be a standalone which we don't see near enough anymore, in my opinion. And that cover is stunning! I can't wait to get my hands on my pre-order!



Love, Lies and Spies
Cindy Anstey
Release: April 19, 2016
Goodreads Amazon
Juliana Telford is not your average nineteenth-century young lady. She’s much more interested in researching ladybugs than marriage, fashionable dresses, or dances. So when her father sends her to London for a season, she’s determined not to form any attachments. Instead, she plans to secretly publish their research.

Spencer Northam is not the average young gentleman of leisure he appears. He is actually a spy for the War Office, and is more focused on acing his first mission than meeting eligible ladies. Fortunately, Juliana feels the same, and they agree to pretend to fall for each other. Spencer can finally focus, until he is tasked with observing Juliana’s traveling companions . . . and Juliana herself.
What book are you waiting on?

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds so good to me, too! Love the premise and can never get enough of the regency era

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough of the Regency Era either!

      Delete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...