Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July Releases: Buy, Borrow or Beg?


Buy, Borrow or Beg is our monthly new release feature. Each of the co-bloggers is going to tell you which books they're most excited about and whether you should buy - the ones we preordered or plan to stand in line for, borrow - the ones we'll be stalking at the library, or beg - the ones we've gotten for free as review copies or prizes that you'll be begging us to tell you about. Let us know what you're eagerly awaiting this month in the comments.

Buy

The Werewolf Meets His Match (Nocturne Falls #2) by Kristen Painter
Releases July 1 Goodreads Amazon
I'm in love with the town of Nocturne Falls where it's Halloween every day of the year. The supernaturals live out in the open because the tourists think it's all pretend. In the second book in the series, the town sheriff agrees to an arrange marriage to settle a feud with a rival werewolf pack.

Spider's Trap (Elemental Assassin #13) by Jennifer Estep
Releases July 28 Goodreads Amazon
You really can't go wrong with Gin Blanco. But her life's changing a little after becoming the head of the underworld. She gets to settle disputes between crime families and I'm really curious about how she's going to handle problems she can't stab.

Borrow

Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine
Releases July 7 Goodreads Amazon
The Great Library at Alexandria survived. It's also sentient and has taken over the world! (This may be why no one asks me to write their blurbs.) Seriously, this YA dystopian sounds so good! I'll be waiting not so patiently for a copy from my library.

Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson
Releases July 14 Goodreads Amazon
I'm really excited about this YA Steampunk! Set in an alternate version of late 19th century America that never declared independence. The English use magic to enforce their rule and the rebels invent. Hoping for some of those Steampunk gadgets I love so much.

Beg

Hell or High Water (Deep Six #1) by Julie Ann Walker
Releases July 7 Goodreads Amazon
A sexy spy story great for the beach or pool side. Deep Six is a spin-off of Walker's Black Knights Inc. series and has a very similar feel. Look for my review tomorrow!
 
 
The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward
Releases July 28 Goodreads Amazon
I was so excited when I got this early. But I haven't gotten to read it yet. *sob* It's a non-paranormal from J.R. Ward! Romantic suspense about a family of bourbon magnates in Kentucky - I'm intrigued! Look for my review later this month.



Buy

Time Salvager (Time Salvager #1) by Wesley Chu
Releases July 7 Goodreads Amazon
I'm a huge fan of Chu's Tao series! So when I heard that he was coming out with a new science fiction book that features a time traveler, I knew I had to get my hands on it! This time traveler brings some back from the past which is against the law. So both of them are on the run and hiding on a future Earth that isn't so great. I can't wait to read this one!


Last First Snow (Craft Sequence #4) by Max Gladstone
Releases July 14 Goodreads Amazon
I just started Max Gladstone's Craft Sequence series and I'm loving it! I'm not sure how to classify it. Maybe it's weird urban fantasy. I actually have no idea what this one is about but I'm buying it so I can continue my series reread.

Armada by Ernest Cline
Releases July 14 Goodreads Amazon
I absolutely adored Cline's Ready Player One so I'm so excited to read his newest book! This book sounds like an excellent space opera in the making! I can't wait to see what pop culture references Cline threw into this one!

Borrow

Silver in the Blood (Silver in the Blood #1) by Jessica Day George
Releases July 7 Goodreads Amazon
I've been a huge fan of George's middle grade series (Dragon Slippers) for a long time now but I've never picked up one of her YA books. This start to her new historical fantasy series set both in New York and Romania sounds right up my alley! I hope there's vampires in it! :) I can't wait to get my hands on this one.


Spider's Trap (Elemental Assassin #13) by Jennifer Estep
Releases July 28 Goodreads Amazon
I'm several books behind in reading the Elemental Assassin series. I'm hoping to be caught up with Gin's adventure by the time I go home for visit this fall so I can borrow this from my Mom.

Beg

Raisonne Curse (The Brothers Bernaux #1) by Rinda Elliot
Releases July 14 Goodreads Amazon
I have a soft spot for books set in and around New Orleans or in bayous. So I knew I wanted to read this book as soon as I heard about it. I've actually already read it and it's a great start to a new series. I'm interested to see where it goes and to learn more about the magic the Bernaux brothers have!


The Conquering Dark (Crown & Key #3) by Clay and Susan Griffith
Releases July 28 Goodreads Amazon
This is the last book in the Crown & Key trilogy and I'm really sad to see it come to an end. I've been enjoying the heck out of these books! I haven't read this one yet but I'm excited and nervous to see how this one wraps the storyline up after what happened in book two. I have no idea how the Griffiths are going to go about doing that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...