Monday, June 29, 2015

Which F@!%ing Book Should I Read? (2)

It's Monday, which is usually when we tell you to


But we're switching it up a little bit this week.

I recently finished marathoning the Psy-Changeling Series by Nalini Singh and I adored it! It also made me realize that I haven't read many long running (8+ books) paranormal romance series. I usually read a lot of long running urban fantasy series and not straight up paranormal romance series where each book follows a different couple. So aside from the Psy-Changeling series, I've read Donna Grant's Dark Sword/Dark Warrior series, J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress/Night Prince series (I'm including this series because all the companion books a series with the different couples makes it a paranormal romance in my mind). I would like to read more long running paranormal romance series like this.
So this week I'm asking
Which F-ing Book should I read?
Here are some suggestions from my co-bloggers to get it started:

Goodies from Gretl:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3819326-angels-blood   https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/263179.How_to_Marry_a_Millionaire_Vampire?from_search=true&search_version=service   https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6944032-night-pleasures

The Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh
(I'm stretching a little to say this is an eight book series, but Archangel's Enigma, book 8, is due out in September.) I love the world Singh constructed where you can watch angels flying over New York. But it's the angels' relationship with the vampires and the hunters that round out the cast that really make it interesting to me. Who doesn't love a tortured vampire hero? Plus, I love my supernatural politics and the centuries old rivalries between the Archangels definitely deliver it.

Love at Stake series by Kerrilyn Sparks
This series is now complete at 16 books, so it's a good choice for a binge read. It's not as dark as some of the vampire series out there - they create synthetic blood beverages like "Bleer." But the variety of characters, including shifters of every flavor, keeps it from getting repetitive for me like some of the other "light PNR" series can. Plus, hot Scottish vamps in kilts!

Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
This series mixes mythologies from all over the world and creates some new ones, like the gods of Atlantis. It also puts a twist on the usual vampires and demons. The first few books are lighter and pretty straightforward PNR, but the series plot gets increasingly complex and the characters increasingly tortured (some quite literally.) Admittedly, I've only read the first 10 of 13 in the series. I also like the YA prequel series The Chronicles of Nick.




Guidance from Goldilox:
   
   

Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole
This series is still ongoing but its already well past 8 books. I have to confess that paranormal romance with a different couple in each book is not my forte. I tend to lean towards urban fantasy with romance. But Cole's Immortals After Dark series has been a favorite of mine. I love how the lives of the characters and families all intersect with each other and how the couples carry into other books. For PNR, these actually have a lot of action and really strong plots. Plus, the romance is STEAMY.

Demonica/Lords of Deliversance series by Larissa Ione
Okay, cheating a little bit here. The Demonica series is five books and the Lords of Deliverance series is a spinoff that continues with another several books. I have only read the Demonica part of this series but I had to include it because its another one of my favorites and because I've got the spinoff books sitting on my shelf staring at me waiting to be read. I love Ione's easy writing style and again the romance is hot! 

Darkest London series by Kristen Callihan
The Darkest London series is a terrific historical, paranormal romance set in England. Its sexy, exciting, and well-written. The beautiful romance in the first book, Firelight, hooked me into the series and every other book I've read in this series has been fabulous. Each couple has a different paranormal element to contend with. There are seven full-length books and two novellas in this series so far and hopefully the series will continue on after that.





Tell me your favorite long running paranormal romance series and why I should add it to my TBR pile.


4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with the ones mentioned. I also love Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld. It's up to 11 books now. These books are really similar to Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! I just looked up Lords of the Underworld and it looks intriguing! I'll have to pick that up soon! Thanks for the rec!

      Delete
  2. Not sure if UF counts but I love the Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill, the Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead and I just started The Others series by Anne Bishop and I am in love!!

    I am definitely going to add all of the series mentioned here to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore the Chicagoland Vampires series! And I love The Others as well! I haven't heard of the Georgina Kincaid series. I'm going to have to look into it! Thank you for the rec!

      Delete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...