Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Releases: Buy Borrow or Beg?


Buy, Borrow or Beg is our monthly new release feature. Each of the co-bloggers is going to tell you which books they're most excited about and whether you should buy - the ones we preordered or plan to stand in line for, borrow - the ones we'll be stalking at the library, or beg - the ones we've gotten for free as review copies or prizes that you'll be begging us to tell you about. Let us know what you're looking eagerly awaiting this month in the comments.

Buy:

Garden of Dreams and Desires (Crescent City #3) by Kristen Painter
Release: April 7 Goodreads Amazon
This is the series finale and I'm sad for it to end. But the last book ended with Harlow in a difficult position and I have to know how she gets out of it.

Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock #9) by Faith Hunter
Release: April 7 Goodreads Amazon
It took me a few books in to the series, but now Jane Yellowrock's is a world that I fall into effortlessly and feel right at home. I'm always excited to see what happens next for Jane and all the men in her life.

Vengeance of the Demon (Kara Gillian #7) by Diana Rowland
Release: April 7 Goodreads Amazon
The last Kara Gillian book completely blew me away. I was happy I didn't have to review it since I was pretty much speechless. Can't wait to see how Rowland follows that.

Rogue (The Talon Saga #2) by Julie Kagawa
Release: April 28 Goodreads Amazon
The end of Talon was really exciting (and kind of a cliffhanger) so I've been eagerly awaiting the next one in this series. This would probably be a library pick for me but the covers are so pretty I had to put it on the list.

Borrow:

Overruled (Legal Briefs #1) by Emma Chase
Release: April 28 Goodreads Amazon
A few months ago I spent a whole weekend reading Chase's Tangled series and really enjoyed it. Legal Briefs is sort of a spin off since Stanton Shaw went to college with Drew from the first series.

Beg:

Hit (Hit #1) by Delilah S Dawson
Release: April 14 Goodreads Amazon
Hit was one of my Most Anticipated of 2015 and I was definitely not disappointed. It's dark and violent and witty and unputdownable. This is how the dystopia begins.

Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade #1) by Jennifer Estep
Release: April 28 Goodreads Amazon
This is the first YA I've read from Jennifer Estep and I was surprised how much it feels like Elemental Assassin. I loved the world and the magic system and I'm already clamoring for the next book in the series.





Buy:



The Rebirth of Tao (Tao #3) by Wesley Chu
Release: April 7 Goodreads Amazon
This is the last book in the Tao Trilogy and I'm sad that it's going to be over. I can't wait to see what happens in this book!

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Release: April 28 Goodreads Amazon
I've been hearing nothing but great things about this book from some of my blogger friends. I'm not quite sure what this book is about but it's a YA fantasy standalone! You don't see many of those on the market anymore and I can't
help but be intrigued! The Kindle book pre-order is only $2.99 at the moment. For that price, I'll buy and read it!

Of Noble Family (Glamourist Histories #5) by Mary Robinette Kowal
Release: April 28 Goodreads Amazon
This is the last book in the Glamourist Histories series and I'm so sad that we won't have any more Jane and Vincent books after this. I love their adventures! And you don't see many books where the main characters are a married couple.

Borrow:

Pirate's Alley (Sentinels of New Orleans #4) by Suzanne Johnson
Release: April 21 Goodreads Amazon
An urban fantasy book that takes place in New Orleans and features wizards? Yes! Please! I'm a book behind on this series but I can't wait to get my hands on this one! I've really been impressed with these books so far.

Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
Release: April 28 Goodreads Amazon
Neil Gaiman's Stardust meets John Green's The Fault in Our Stars! I'm intrigued and that's all I need to know to pick this book up! I can't wait to get this from the library!

Beg:




The Girl of Midnight (The Girl of Midnight #1) by Melissa Grey
Release: April 28 Goodreads Amazon
I've heard nothing but great things about this book and I'm intrigued that it's being marketed for fans of Cassandra Clare's City of Bones and Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bones. That's an interesting combination and I can't wait to read my ARC!

Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade #1) by Jennifer Estep
Release: April 28 Goodreads Amazon
I love Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin series! I've never read one of Estep's YA books before and I can't wait to read this one! I've heard nothing but good things about it! I've started it and I'm enjoying it so far!
 
The Deepest Poison (The Clockwork Dagger #0.5) by Beth Cato
Release: April 28 Goodreads Amazon
This is a prequel novella to one of my favorite books from last year! I can't wait to learn more about Octavia and her healing powers!

1 comment:

  1. Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.
    pediatric dentist in gujarat

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...