Monday, March 2, 2015

March Releases: Buy, Borrow or Beg?


Buy, Borrow or Beg is our monthly new release feature. Each of the co-bloggers is going to tell you which books they're most excited about and whether you should buy - the ones we preordered or plan to stand in line for, borrow - the ones we'll be stalking at the library, or beg - the ones we've gotten for free as review copies or prizes that you'll be begging us to tell you about. Let us know what you're looking eagerly awaiting this month in the comments.


Buy:

Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires #11) by Chloe Neill
Release: March 3 Goodreads Amazon
An all-time fave series! And it's nearing the end. *sob* Can't wait to find out about that mysterious note.

Dead Heat (Alpha and Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs
Release: March 3 Goodreads Amazon
I personally think that Brigg's Alpha and Omega series is even better than Mercy Thompson. It's been three years since the release of Fair Game, so I'm eager to see what's next for Charles and Anna.

Infinity Bell (House Immortal #2) by Devon Monk
Release: March 3 Goodreads Amazon
House Immortal was one of my faves last year. It's such an unusual world - I called it Firefly meets The Hunger Games - and I loved the characters. We left Matilda and her friends running for their lives so I can't wait to see what happens next.

Pocket Apocalypse (Incryptid #4) by Seanan McGuire
Release: March 3 Goodreads Amazon
Seanan McGuire is one of my autobuy authors. Even though I didn't love the last Incryptid book, I'm excited to see what happens when Alex Price goes to Australia.

Prudence (The Custard Protocol #1) by Gail Carriger
Release: March 17 Goodreads Amazon
One of my Most Anticipated of 2015. The Custard Protocol is the sequel to the Parasol Protectorate starring Alexia's daughter who, I recall, had some unusual powers. Prudence takes her new airship to India where she stumbles on to a mystery and some familiar (furry) faces.

Bayou Blues (Genie McQueen #1) by Sierra Dean
Release: March 20 Goodreads Amazon
Secret McQueen's little sister is getting her own series. This spin off is set in Louisiana. Genie's a werewolf with magic powers battling a cult with a hunky helper.

Borrow:

The Buried Life by Carrie Patel
Release: March 3 Goodreads Amazon
This is my sleeper pick for the month. It's out the same day as a lot of high profile releases. It's a dystopian murder mystery that sounds a little Steampunk-y to me. Look for my review later this month.

Beg:

Of Silk and Steam (London Steampunk #5) by Bec McMaster
Release: March 3 Goodreads Amazon
McMaster saved the best for last. This final installment in the London Steampunk series blew me away. It's got lots of action and political intrigue and a steamy enemies-to-lovers story. Check out our review.

Vision in Silver (The Others #3) by Anne Bishop
Release: March 3 Goodreads Amazon
I love the Others series! This book was absolutely un-put-downable. It's full of politics and intrigue and quirky characters. Watch for our review tomorrow.




Buy:

Prudence (The Custard Protocol #1) by Gail Carriger
Release: March 17 Goodreads Amazon
I absolutely adored Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series so I'm so excited for this sequel series! I can only imagine the trouble Prudence is going to stir up! I need this book in my hands ASAP!

Fall With Me (Wait For You #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release: March 31 Goodreads Amazon
I love this new adult series so much! I can't wait to read Roxy's story! She's delightfully quirky and I adored her in Stay With Me! Also, I want to know what's going on between her and the cop! I'm sure the romance is going to be full of drama but cute at the same time!

Borrow:

The Diamond Conspiracy (Ministry of Peculiar Occurences #4) by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris
Release: March 31 Goodreads Amazon
I absolutely adore the Ministry of Peculiar Occurences series! It's like steampunk crack and I must devour it! I'm sad to say that I'm a book behind on this series but I can't wait to catch up. This cover is so intriguing! I want to know what's happening with the zombie guy with the gas mask!
 
Night Blaze (Dark Kings #5) by Donna Grant
Release: March 31 Goodreads Amazon
I'm so behind on Donna Grant's Dark Kings series, but I still want to get my hands on this book! I'm planning a week where I can marathon the last few books I need to read so I can be caught up again.

Beg:

Dead Heat (Alpha and Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs
Release: March 3 Goodreads Amazon 
I just barely read Briggs' Alpha and Omega series for the first time and I'm so in love with it! Dead Heat is an amazing installment in this series and it made me love Anna and Charles even more! I have a full review coming later this week so keep an eye out for it!

Of Silk and Steam (London Steampunk #5) by Bec McMaster
Release: March 3 Goodreads Amazon
This is the last book in the London Steampunk series. I'm sad that it's almost over. I'll have this book finished by the time this post goes live but I'm super excited to finally read Leo's story! My thoughts about it will be up soon!

Vision in Silver (The Others #3) by Anne Bishop
Release: March 3 Goodreads Amazon
I LOVED this book so much! I can't wait for everyone else to read it. The world of the Others is getting darn right scary. This is another solid installment in one of my new favorite series. Gretl and I have a dual review coming tomorrow so watch for that!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...