Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Goldilox and the Ten Lists: Top 5 Audiobooks of 2014!


Welcome to Goldilox and the Ten Lists, our year end countdown of our favorite books by category. We'll have a new subject every weekday between now and the end of the year. Today is all about the Best Audiobooks of 2014 - according to me, Goldilox!

Let me know your favorite audios of the past year in the comments!


Ignite Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Narrator: Kate Simses
Audible
         
When I started this audio I wasn't sold at first. Kate Simses' Juliet has a very small and fragile sounding voice, which is totally appropriate, just not what I'm used to in a narrator. But her voice grew on me and grew on me until I couldn't imagine Juliette sounding any differently. The narrator's voice also built slightly as the story went on and Juliette's power and confidence grew, which I loved a lot. Kate's voices for Adam and Warner were really great, but she really takes the cake with her version of my beloved Kenji.



Cress
Author: Marissa Meyer
Narrator: Rebecca Soler
Audible

I adored this audiobook. Rececca Soler just killed Cress' voice (in the best way possible), but it was her versions of Captain Thorne, Iko, and Cinder that put this in my Top 5. How do you bring so much life and sadness to the voice of a robot!? I would imagine a book like this is a challenge and a half for a narrator because of all the different points of view and Soler nailed each one perfectly.





Seventh Grave and No Body
Author: Darynda Jones
Narrator: Lorelei King
Audible

If you read anything paranormal and listen to audiobooks at all then you're familiar with the great Lorelei King. She rocks this series on audio. I made the switch from print to audio a couple books ago and haven't looked back. She delivers all of Charley's ridiculous, hilarious, one-liners with perfection and good god if you didn't think Reyes could be any sexier just try listening to him on audio while trying to drive your car. If you love this series and haven't tried the audiobooks, GO...GO FORTH AND DOWNLOAD.


White Hot Kiss
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Narrator: Saskia Maarleveld
Audible

What puts this in my Top 5 is one thing: Roth. Saskia delivers a ridiculous portrayal of my hot little demon man to such a point that I often forget this isn't dually narrated. The sarcasm, the sexy come-ons, the brief moments of vulnerability - DEAD. ON. She does everyone else's voices very well too, including the narrator, Layla, but she just made me fall so in love with Roth that that's what stuck with me. Since this book has much more Roth than the follow up, Stone Cold Touch, which was also released in 2014, this one is the one that gets on my list.


Silver Shadows
Author: Richelle Mead
Narrator: Emily Shaffer and Alden Ford
Audible

This is the only book on this list that has two narrators, and this series didn't add Alden Ford as the voice of Adrian until just recently. At first, I missed Emily Shaffer's interesting and surprisingly sexy version of Adrian's voice, but as Alden continued I fell in love with having him be the new voice for my love, Adrian. Adding the dual points of view rocketed this series into audio gold for me. Emily has always done a fantastic version of Sydney, with her intelligent yet wry personality, but Alden and Emily together are perfection.



Join us tomorrow, as Goldilox and the Ten Lists continues with our Favorite Steampunk Books of the year!

                                 
                                                                      
                                                         



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...