Coastal Magic Convention
Daytona Beach, FL
February 6 - 9, 2014
Rosalie Lario is the award-winning, paranormal romance author of the Demons of Infernum and the Fallen Warriors series. Rosalie double majored in Anthropology and Classics as an undergraduate student, and briefly considered becoming an archaeologist before realizing they don’t actually live the life of Indiana Jones. So what was a classical geek armed with a lot of useless knowledge to do? Become a lawyer, of course!
After attending law school in Florida, she practiced real estate law for several years before finally admitting to herself that negotiating contracts wasn’t nearly as fun as dreaming up stories. She never imagined all the mythology she studied would one day make the perfect fodder for the paranormal romance stories she now dreams up!
When not writing, she enjoys spending time with her family in their home state of Florida.
I want to thank Christen for inviting me here today. I attended this year’s version of the Coastal Magic Convention and had a total blast. It was the first targeted convention I’ve attended, and it was even more fun that I thought it would be! So what are the top five things I’m looking forward to at next year’s Con?
1. Talking Books. Of course this is the main reason we’re all going to be there. I love nothing more than to talk about my favorite books. It’ll be awesome to actually have a live person to talk to for a change.
2. Author panels. I’ve seen the preliminary list of panels and I’m super-excited for the topics that are going to be discussed.
3. Seeing old blogger and author friends again. I met some great bloggers and authors at the last Con and can’t wait to reconnect with them for some Daytona fun!
4. Character dating game. Because what’s more fun than talking book hotties while getting a little drink on?
5. Meeting more fans of the paranormal! More than anything, I’m looking forward to meeting more people who, like me, simply cannot get enough of the paranormal. There’s nothing more inspiring to an author than hanging with a group of readers who love the same types of books they write. It’s a given that I’ll come away with a ton of new books to read, some great recommendations, and a whole new perspective on the genre.
Thanks for sticking with me while I went over my list. As a reward, I’d love to give away one copy of my latest book, Mark of the Sylph (Demons of Infernum #2).
One Signed Paperback Copy (U.S. only)
One eCopy of MARK OF THE SYLPH (Int.)
Half-demon Taeg is desperate to free his pregnant sister-in-law, who is spellbound to an indestructible book that will create an army of the undead. He is convinced that an ancient sword can destroy the book and the spell forever, but this relic has been hidden for a millennia by a powerful glamour. The clock begins to run out on his search when an old rival goes after the book and Taeg’s family in his quest for revenge.
Librarian Maya Flores has a secret: she’s immune to magic and is well aware of the supernatural beings prowling the streets of New York City. Haunted by a brutal demon attack that took her family, she is on a one-woman mission to destroy the evil demons who did it—and any others who get in her way.
Maya is Taeg’s best hope for uncovering the sword.
Unfortunately, she wants nothing more than to kill him. As he fights for her trust and to save his family, she is forced to face the truth that not all demons are evil. And the worst part? She might be falling in love with one, too.