Thursday, April 19, 2012

Follow Friday (30)


Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

 


Here is this week's question:


Fight! Fight!
Character Battle:
If you could have two fictional characters fight who would it be and who do you think would win?

*plays theme from Mortal Kombat*

Magic versus Magic:
Chess (Church witch) vs. Arcadia (magician)

 vs. 

I just wrote my review for Summoning the Night, and I just recently read and reviewed Sacrificial Magic, so I've got magic on the brain!
While Chess and Cady have very different personalities they are both damaged heroines with rough pasts. Chess and Cady are fairly evenly matched in the magic department. Chess needs supplies such as graveyard dirt, herbs, and psychopomps while Cady needs a caduceus, saliva or blood, and the markings on her arm. So it might take them both a few seconds to prepare for battle. Chess is not that used to working spells on live humans, she is usually battling ghosts, but I'm not so sure Cady could play as dirty as Chess could. 

Hmm, so they are both powerful in using their individual magic abilities, both need items to work their magic, they both have faults........

And the winner is........

Dead Even Tie!
(Duh)

Did you really think I could pick one of these awesome heroines?  :)


You can also follow me on Twitter here:


Happy Friday!


20 comments:

  1. Oooh I haven't read any of those books, but that sounds like an awesome fight! Great picks :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read either of these (although I want to), but very thought out answer!! I feel like everybody is putting so much more thought into it than me, haha. Sigh, oh well...

    My Friday Hops :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chess & Caddy are cute choices!! It's so difficult to chose winners because we all love them so!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man! I have no idea who I'd pick! I refuse to choose! Besides I just met Cady! I haven't seen all of her awesome magic abilities yet! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have had Kane's book on my to read list for ages! Sounds like it would be an interesting one.

    Herding Cats & Burning Soup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go with Chess but that's only because I love the series and I've not read the other yet.

    Check out my FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. Other people have raves about Stacia Kane. I want to read her books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't read those books yet, but it sounds like it's going to be a good fight! :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping Through also! I haven't read any of those books. One day... when they make it so I can stop time. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job, Christen! I'd go with a tie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG you had me at the Mortal Kombat theme!!!

    *fatality*
    *Chess wins!*


    Here's my Feature & Follow too, if you'd like to check it out ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these have been recommended to me, and I haven't managed to read either. *sigh*

    My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these... #FF is making me realize that there are so many great books I haven't read yet!! Great Choices, I hope to read these soon :) Happy Friday! New follower via GFC.

    Here is my #FF if you would like to check it out "Click Here"

    Kayla @ Reading On The Wild Side

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just hopping by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! I have yet to read Stacia Kane's series but I do know Arcadia is quite the badass!!

    Here's my Follow Friday! New follower! :)

    Bonnie @ Sweet Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh amazing choice, you're right! I would love to see them both.

    old follower


    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually picked Chess, too, in the beginning and then decided against it. I think if she took the right drugs she'd fight like a berserker, but I don't want her to have to live through another ugly moment.

    Just finished reading Chasing Magic which was superb! :)

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have not read either of these, but they both look really good. Man, one day I'm going to go on vacation by myself and I'll just pack my nook. It will be more than enough!

    Here's my FF . Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopping by to say have a great weekend!
    Old email follower (amugglesmagicalbookblog at yahoo)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...