Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (4): If I Die



Waiting on Wednesday is a feature hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that shares the upcoming releases we bloggers are on the edge of our seats about!

My pick this week is...

If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)

(Soul Screamers #5)
by Rachel Vincent
Release date: September 20, 2011


(Synopsis from Goodreads)
No one wants to be this teacher’s pet . . .

Everyone else is talking about Eastlake High’s gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck, but Kaylee Cavanaugh has bigger things on her mind. Kaylee’s a banshee—her scream is a portent of death.

But the next scream might hit too close to home. Kaylee’s borrowed lifeline has almost run out.

Yeah—it’s a shock to her, too. So to distract herself from her own problems, Kaylee is determined to defend her school against the latest supernatural threat. That hot new teacher is really an incubus, who feeds from the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend’s delinquent ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren’t quite human either.

But Kaylee’s running out of time, and those who love her will do anything to save her life.

Anything.

Soul Screamers: The last thing you hear before you die.


I just recently read the first in this series and I loved it so much! I'm kind of picky about my YA (even though I do love Rachel Vincent) so I was surprised at how much I liked the book! I immediately picked up numbers 2 and 3 from the library, and plan to read 4 and 5 back to back when If I Die (#5) releases on the 20th! Actually, I didn't really even read the synopsis too close because I don't want it to spoil the ones I haven't read yet!

What is YOUR WoW pick?

9 comments:

  1. I finally got the first book to this series - so really looking forward to it!

    Our WOW pick is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw someone else with this on the WoW today. I haven't read this series, but the covers always catch my eye. Great pick!

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked up a Rachel Vincent title (different series) and I really like her. I've been meaning to get to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pick! I've only read book 1 so far, but definitely plan on reading the whole series inthe future. Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for stopPing by The Bookish Babes!
    (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this series looks good I need to get on it. Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this series yet, but I've heard good things. I love the cover of this one!

    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this series! So looking forward to this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard so many great things about this series! I really hope to read some of them soon.

    Thanks for visiting my Wow :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...