Friday, September 30, 2011

Follow Friday (7)





Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read


Here is this week's question:

What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?


Well, if I'm being honest I would say none of them. It scares me when series that I love become movies or TV shows because they might screw it up and not do it right. I was lucky with Twilight because I saw the first Twilight movie before starting to read the series. And True Blood is so far gone from the actual Sookie series that for some reason it doesn't really affect me anymore (okay, sometimes there is fork throwing at my nice TV screen...). And I watch the Vampire Diaries, but never read the books, so no harm there.

However, I have heard that they are making movies of one of my all-time favorite series, the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, and this does excite me but also scares the pants off me. I can't wait to see everything from a book I love so much come to life, but what if they get it wrong?!?!?! Yikes...the hate mail that studio would receive! And they're working on Vampire Academy? Scary. Better do it justice people. 

Okay, okay, let me actually answer the question. I'd like to see any of my favorites become movies or TV shows really (with reservations, as I've been blabbering about): 

1. The Night Huntress series (Bones better be dead sexy...pun intended)
2. Downside Ghosts series (Chess would have to be just right though...and I don't even know how'd you cast Terrible...)
3. First Grave on the Right (Charley would have to be hilarious without being over the top. And Reyes? Yum is all I have to say)

Okay, there are like 20 more I could name, but I'll leave it at that. Basically, the thought of something I've loved and pictured in my head a certain way becoming something slightly different than how it was written or how I have imagined it is scary! But...okay, go ahead and make the damn movie. 

Happy reading!


14 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Izzy and I'm stopping by for Follow Friday! I also had the same reservations about this question because I tend to dislike book-to-movie adaptations. I've never heard of those three series you listed, but they sound interesting.

    Izzy @ My Words Ate Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get nervous too when I heard that a book is being made into a movie. I never know what to expect!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand your opinion. Most of the movies are worse than the books they are based on.

    I'm a new follower and I'd love if you'd follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I felt the same way about picking a book for this one because I wouldn't want it to get ruined because of the movie! Great post :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very nervous about the Fever series being made into a movie. I have this bad feeling that they are going to choose some young hollywood star to play JZB, and it would be a huge mistake. JZB is a man, he is no 20 year old kid.

    Thanks for stopping by & Happy Friday!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really feel the the Vampire Academy series would be better as a TV series. It could be so much more in depth. *Sigh*

    New follower! Here's my FF:
    http://theirishbanana.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-5_30.html

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, and thanks for stopping by! :) Followed you back.
    I like your design, a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your right, Twilight was ruined in the way that books are always better than the movie, but I also feel movies bring an audience to reading that would not have picked up the book otherwise. Thanks for coming by my blog for Follow Friday!

    Have a great week!
    Teresa
    The Duchess Mommy Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow they are making a movie on the Fever series! I love those books, but I don't know what to think about the possibility for a movie. I feel like there is a lot of aspects that they could totally screw up.
    New follower.
    here's my FFF post
    http://thenovelstudent.blogspot.com/2011/09/feature-and-follow-friday-93011.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, also I really love your blog title and the picture at the top. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with The Fever Series or Night Huntress for movies but there's no way they are going to do my guys justice ;) Then probably Vampire Academy or Shifters for a tv show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally have to agree with you.. I'm always spectacle when it comes to books becoming movies or tv shows. But I would love to see this book as a series! I haven't read this book yet but I'd really like to ! New follower! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I just started the Fever series and I think it would make for an interesting movie. I'm always leery of fae movies though. They would be so hard to portray correctly. When you read about fae you get a vision in your mind that I think would be hard to convey on film.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so right that producers sometimes...OK most times ruin story lines and what not! So yes it also scares me that my favorite books would be ruined for all of eternity! Ya, ya, I'm being way to dramatic. LOL!
    BTW, Love, love, love your quote! That is my fav book from Southern Vampire series.
    New follower
    Thanks
    <3,
    RP

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...