Thursday, January 17, 2013

Follow Friday (43)



Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read



This week's question:

Who is your favorite villain from a book?

Ooh what a great question! When I saw this question the first villain to pop into my head was Otto from Carolyn Crane's Disillusionist Trilogy.

Mind Games (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #1) Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2) Head Rush (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #3)


Crane pictures Otto like this:



I picture Otto like this:



It's a matter of preference, really.

He really is a terrific villain because he kind of sneaks up on you. You don't really know whether or not to trust him and even though he's a villain he has some good qualities that make you want to like him too. Mostly, I just felt a mix of pity and rage when it came to Otto. Any "bad guy" that can make you feel that many different feelings about him is a great, multi-faceted villain!
Which villain(s) made your list?

If you're a new GFC follower, thank you so much for following! 
Feel free to check out my Recent Reviews in the sidebar! J


You can also follow me on Twitter:



Happy Friday!



10 comments:

  1. LOL I love your last pick! Hahahah

    New GFC follower

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/01/feature-and-follow_18.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, he looks like an awesome villain! Hope you have a happy Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping on through :)

    New Follower via GFC would appreciate the follow back

    ~Marie
    Co-Owner/Founder and Blogger of Lunar Haven

    Here is my FF post - >Lunar Haven FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do think multi-faceted vilains add more depth to a story. Sounds like yours does the job!

    New follower! My FF post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I was thisclose to picking Otto, myself! I had an entire Otto post, but them deleted it since I've railed on Otto in the past.

    Yeah - I saw a lot of Valentine, and he is a very bad villain, but Sebastian is even more crazy than him!

    You will HATE Walter Thackery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree. A multi-faceted villain brings so much more to the story. Thanks for stopping by my FF this week. Following you back via GFC.
    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads
    Love you blog name! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love ur last answer!!
    Have urself a great weekend!!

    Follow my new Tour Blog below :)

    "Literary Quill Promotions"

    ReplyDelete
  8. True any character villain or not that can make you feel that much emotion is a great character (:

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha!! Great choices!!

    Thanx for visiting my FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd never heard of this series before but I really like how it sounds! I just added it to my Goodreads reading list :D I'm glad you spotlighted the series & I love the images you chose - the last one made me giggle :)

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog earlier & following. Sorry it took me this long to get back - I'm not usually this late :$

    New follower via GFC & NB!!
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...