Friday, October 19, 2012

Read This F@!%ing Book! (3)


Welcome to a new feature I'm going to post from time to time called:

Read This F@!%ing Book!

This is a feature for me to push my favorite reads that just aren't getting enough attention! 

I'm also opening it up to anyone who would like to guest post. Do you have a book that you just LURVED but feel like its not getting the play it deserves? Email me to let me know and I'd be THRILLED to have you post about it here! Especially if its something I haven't reviewed yet - that's even better! If you're interested email me:
Gildardc10@hotmail.com

Today's post comes from Jenese at Readers Confession:




(Click cover to go to Goodreads)

  


(Click title to go to Amazon)

August 2nd 2012
Kensington Publishing Corp.

Blurb:
“My name is Tess Little. But everyone calls me Red.”

Once upon a time, a spell went awry, stranding Make Believe characters in the ordinary world. Since then, Tess “Red” Little—a/k/a Little Red Riding Hood—has worked as an Enforcer for the Chicago branch of the Fairytale Management Authority. But, consider yourself warned—she’s not just some waif with a basket of goodies. All grown up and with nothing to lose, a gun and combat boots is more her style. And Red’s new assignment threatens to be short on happily ever afters…

Someone is murdering transplanted Tales in gruesome fashion. The list of fictional characters capable of such grisly acts is short and includes more than one of Red’s old flames. And if that wasn’t bad enough, there’s another complication, in the form of sexy, enigmatic Nate Grimm, the FMA’s lead detective and part-time Reaper. Used to following her own rules and living life on the edge, Red has managed to avoid taking on a partner until now. But Nate’s dark side makes him perfect for a case like this. That is, if she can trust him. Because if there’s one thing Red knows for sure, it’s that believing in the wrong person can have big, bad consequences…


Why I'm pushing it: First off, this is the most creative book I've read in a long time, if not EVER!!! I initially thought when approached by the author to do a review I wasn't sure I would like it. Based on the blurb the book could either be really GREAT or SUCK hard core. I'm not huge into fairy tales, never have been, but this made me want to go back and read some. Thankfully the book was done perfectly!!

It's no holds barred, there's cursing (I love to curse), sexy villains and heroes, sex, mystery, and murder. The list can go on and on. The fact that she has fairy tale characters all through the book made me love it even more. It is total GENIUS!!! Each character is so unique. Their names crack me up, for instance, Red's boss is Al Addin. Get it??!! LOL! It took me a second and then I laughed out loud. SeRine's imagination in this book is phenomenal, I just can't give her enough praise. Every new character that came about was so dynamic, from their names and their connection to their tales and even to their unique personalities.

Why I love Red: Tess aka Red was my type of heroine. She's bad-ass, ballsy and not afraid to stand up for what she thinks is right. She even has a slew of past lovers that we get to meet. I think I fell in love with each one. LOL! Her latest and most current hero in this book is Nate Grimm aka The Grim Reaper!

The next book is based on Lavender, Cinderella's ex fairy Godmother, and Seth Wolf. Seth is the big bad wolf from Little Red Riding Hood. The cover is SMOKING HOTTTT!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that ARC!
That’s it. That’s my Read This F@!%ing Book to add!


If you'd like to participate in Read This F@!%ing Book let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Red was really good. Excited for book 2, one of the characters, Lavender, is my favorite. Looking forward to her HEA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are $1.99 for Kindle right now. Great opportunity to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...