Monday, November 6, 2017

Subscription Box Review: October Owlcrate


I'm thinking of moving these unboxing posts, and maybe some other bookish product reviews, to Instagram only. What do you guys think? Do you like seeing unboxings on the blog or should we stick to book reviews? For now, though, you can find them in both places. Check out our Instagram for more pics of the items in the box.

The October Owlcrate Theme was
Find Me in the Forest


Owlcrate did an excellent job assembling the box again this month. I love how everything has a delicate, botanical feel. Here's what was in the box:

THERE'S A MUG IN THE BOX! The Forbidden Forest mug was designed by Cara Kozic and inspired by Harry Potter. There's so much detail on this mug but it's hard see in a photo. It's got the flying car and Aragog, Hagrid's house and Buckbeak, a unicorn and a centaur. I kind of wish they had chosen just one of those pairs to make a strong graphic statement, but the intricate art fits with the rest of the theme.


Sherwood Forest tea from Riddle's Tea Shoppe inspired by Robin Hood. It says it tastes like blueberry pie, but I wouldn't know because I can't find my tea ball. *facepalm* I love that there's tea to go in the mug though.

Woodland Coaster by artist Kristin Askland. It says, "All good things are wild and free" and has a sleeping fox on it. This also goes perfectly with a mug and tea. This box makes my gift-basket-building heart so happy!

Cabeswater candle from In the Wick of Time inspired by The Raven Cycle books. (I really need to read these. They're some of Rose Red's faves.) The candle smells like moss and mint. I think it has an herbal feel which fits nicely with the theme.


Where the Wild Things Are magnetic bookmarks by Craftedvan. These are so cute! But I left them out of the close up photo. *facepalm again*

Princess Mononoke art print by artist Audra Auclair. I love how well the print coordinates with the rest of box. I'm going to have a start a gallery wall for art prints soon.

33158561

The book is Wild Beauty by Anne-Marie McLemore. It has an exclusive cover (the original is here and the Owlcrate version at the top) and comes with a signed bookplate, letter from the author, and a seed packet. I thought the seeds were an original addition. I haven't read the book yet, but I've heard the prose is really unique and lovely.

Last month Owlcrate also started including a booklet in the box. This one has a Q&A with the author and one with the candle maker, plus a puzzle and the prompts for the photo challenge. Having those early is my favorite part since I can't put the items in the box away until I finish all the photos. Fairyloot has been doing this for a while and I like the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...